Select Currency
US DollarEuroAustralian DollarNorwegian KroneCanadian DollarPound SterlingYuan RenminbiNew Zealand DollarDanish KroneHong Kong DollarYenSwiss FrancRussian RubleSaudi RiyalSwedish KronaUAE Dirham

MKIV

0 products available in this category
Home > JAGUAR HISTORY > MKIV

Jaguar 3 litre saloon Soon after the war the sidecar division was sold and the 1, 2 and 3 litre saloons and dropheads were launched substantially as before, whilst the SS100 was dropped to avoid complication.

Lyons had managed to buy the Standard tooling for the 2.6 and 3.6 litre engines, whilst the 1.8 litre engine was still available from Standard. Left hand drive versions of these cars, known retrospectively as the Mark IVs, were introduced from 1947. Intended primarily for the United States, they sold well despite costing nearly twice as much as their pre war equivalents, though still very cheap by post war standards.





The Foleshill factory was also much improved as a result of rebuilding after wartime damage six of the shops had been destroyed in 1940 and plans for the future were well under way.

© copyright Norman Motors Ltd | sitemap | terms & conditions | top |